Friday, 28 January 2011

Week 8 (17th Jan - 21st Jan)

Day 35 - Day 39

Hooray!!! This week was my last one, and I finally finished my internship!!!!!! Next week is the only week that we left before Chinese New Year, which means I can have a few days to rest and then have a great New Year with my family!!! I did a lot of work this week, but I was in a really efficient mode, and everything was going so well. Most of my tasks are accomplished, and others are handed over to my ex-colleagues. On Thursday, I asked my supervisor to write a short comment for me, but since she cannot write in English, so we had a long talk, which is a really nice talk, and she told me what she thought about my performance during my internship, and also gave me some helpful suggestion. Then I write this talk into a letter to my Course Co-ordinator as the comment she gave me, and she signed it. You know, in China, to be polite, most people don’t call the name directly of their bosses or their elder co-workers, they always put words like teacher or master after their bosses’ or elder co-workers’ family name. So during my internship, I always call my supervisor teacher Guo (Guo teacher in Chinese), and it always makes all of us feel funny because we have the same last name. But when I about to leave this museum, I finally realised I have learned so much from her and other co-workers, and I guess she is a teacher, a good one. I have developed my patience, my working abilities, and my social abilities here, and most importantly, this is the first time that I have been working in an art institution, and I will never forget about this amazing experience.

6 comments:

  1. A really late congratulation to you!haha~~
    you know what, when i started to work with my colleagues for my intern in China, i really took a time to figure out what should i call them, just like what you said,'in China, to be polite, most people don’t call the name directly of their bosses or their elder co-workers'. I had to call them teacher, or dean something like that....these kind of titles show their status built in a workplace

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i know!!!!
    and it is weird sometimes to call them teacher of something because they barely teach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read through this post now Jia. I think it is really great that you got so much out of your internship. Before I started any internship I thought it was a waste of time, but now reflecting I think it is really valuable to your career in the arts industry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to heart that, and it would be your valuable memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your experience sounds great.
    It's such a smart decision to do intern before the research essay--too difficult to do them both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete