Day 11 - Day 13 (13th - 15th Dec)
During these days, I am still working on the drawing task that my supervisor allocated me early this week. In the meanwhile, the wall-texts editing task has been carried on as well, but it just not going so well. On Monday, my supervisor asked my opinion about that should we use the horizontal format or should we use the vertical format for the chapter information, which is going to be hung on the wall of every unit entrance. Why should this is going to be a problem? Because the vertical format for the titles is the Chinese formal format in old times, but after we have added the English translation of the titles, some curators suggested that the horizontal format might be better. So for this problem, I think we should stick to the old fashion way, because this is an exhibition of ancient art. My supervisor agrees with me, but she has to persuade other curators, and it is going to take a while. Therefore, the editing task became more complicated. Not only I have to finish the vertical format first, I have to complete the horizontal format as well, so the curators will have both formats to compare and contrast. Well, I surely feel a little bit depressed because of the work load, but my supervisor comforted me and told me that is how things work in a national museum: everyone is taking every details seriously and conservatively, and it takes times to make a final decision. And as a intern, I have to live with it, it will help me develop my patience, my thoughts, and my future career.
Oh right, a new colleague came this week, and he is going to take some work off form my hands! This is the most wonderful thing that happened after my internship started! Borrow a Chinese idiom, this is what we called the happiness among all the unhappiness.
The editing task must be a huge project.
ReplyDeleteyou bet it is! super huge!
ReplyDelete