Sunday, 9 January 2011

Week 6 (4th - 7th Jan)

Day 26 - Day 29

This week is really short, because we had a public holiday on Monday. Everyone seems slightly different in new year: new clothes, new hire cut, or even new mood for 2011, but the job remains the same... My supervisor and other co-curators had several meeting these days, they probably are busy with making the new plan for this year. For me I am still polishing my tasks, and hope to be allocated some new, non-boring tasks this year. On Wednesday, my wish came true. My supervisor ask me to help them making a virtual model of an ancient city since she knew that I am capable of using Sketch Up (SU). This task should be fun, because I have made hundreds of this kind of models by using  SU during my college, and among all the sofewares, SU is my favourite! Making a city model is not so simple, fortunately, this city is not so big and it has lots of vertical and horizontal roads. The reason that we need this model is that we need to explain the urban design solutions of that dynasty and to make sure that the viewers will get the differences from the urban design solutions nowadays. Honestly, I never thought my architecture background could be a pretty big advantage in art administration field until   this internship, and I feel pretty good about it now.

Actually, after this week, my 240 hours internship only has 8 hours to go, but since I still have some unfinished tasks, and we both agreed on the 40 days length of my internship from the beginning, so I will still have two more weeks in this museum. I hope I can finish all my tasks before I leave.

2 comments:

  1. a virtual model of an ancient city!? that must be very great, sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me, it not as interesting as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete