Saturday, 8 January 2011

Week 1(29th Nov - 3rd Dec) - part 2

Day 4 - Day 5 (2nd Dec - 3rd Dec)

From Day 4, my work officially began. My first task is editing some wall-texts, and design a format for them. They told me there is gong to be thousands of pieces wall-texts need to edited, and it not going to be my only job here. What can I say, I have already felt a little bit tired. But, I am still looking forward to finish them, because I can learn so much about ancient art of China during this task.

About designing the format of the wall-text, my supervisor told me they have lots of rules in this museum, such as how big is the letter should be, what font should we use, and what color palette should we apply. Overall, it is not a creative task but more then a serious work. Some of the wall-texts are going to be shown inside the glass showcases, other are going to be on the wall. Therefore we need at least two different styles, let along those contains illustrators to explain the artwork and other doesn’t.

The work load is beyond my imagination, but the lunch here is surely a big comfort. We have incredibly delicious buffet here and it only costs employees 1RMB everyday, which is like about 0.15AUD. We have three kinds of juice, seven different kinds of hot dishes, and four different kinds of cold dishes, three different kinds of soups, and rice, steam-bread, dumplings, and noodles. I guess this is the reason that people always believe that working in a national institution is a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. you must have done a lot of work! Good for you~ I am a little bit curious, what were the wall-texts for? For the label of texts or the posters of some exhibitions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the artefacts and the background knowledge... it was really boring job...

    ReplyDelete