Day 14 - Day 15 (16th - 17th Dec)
Working, working, and working! The weather in Beijing is becoming terribly freezing, and I really don’t enjoy it. Every morning and every evening, it takes more than 2 hours to get to the museum or to get home, because the traffic in Beijing is terrible as well, and I am already tired of it. Everyday after I’ve got home, my routine is first eat, then take a shower, and go to sleep. I have no time left to do my own business, like watching TV or surfing on the Internet. I don’t enjoy life like this at all. After I graduate, I will definitely find a job that close to where I live, or I will 100percent move to where I work. Besides this job, I am starting doing some translation job for a art website, and a casual curator assistant job for another company this weekend. It is not like I am not busy enough, it’s just that I feel working in a museum is not my future, and I’d like to push myself to explore some other field in this industry. Honestly, I like working in a contemporary art institution more.
Anyway, back to my internship. During the last two days of this week, nothing is new, and nothing changes. Next week is Christmas, people here are not really a fan of Christmas, and we don’t have day off either. But somehow, they use Christmas trees to decorate the lobby anyway. It do light up the environment here, but no one says Merry Christmas to no ones, so... it makes me feel a little bit strange... Anyway, looking forward to a merry Christmas.
terrible traffic and weather in Beijing!! it also took me 2 hrs to get to my museum..
ReplyDelete